We want to ensure that our dogs are ending up in the best homes possible and we ask that you fulfill these requirements in order to adopt one of our dogs:
- Our age requirement is 23 year old and we do require a copy of your license to verify.
- If you do not own your home, we will require land lord approval.
- Everyone in the home needs to be supportive and accepting of the adoption (we run a criminal background checks for all adults over 18 that are living in the household).
- All people living in the home need to be able to do a meet and greet with the dog in question for adoption – this includes your current dog(s). This step happens AFTER your application and home visit are approved!
- Resident dogs must be surgically altered (spayed/neutered), up to date on core vaccinations (Rabies and Distemper), heartworm tested on a consistent basis AND/OR on monthly heartworm prevention.
- IF YOUR DOG IS NOT SPAYED/NEUTERED, DO NOT FILL OUT AN APPLICATION FOR ONE OF OUR DOGS UNLESS you can provide documentation from a licensed veterinarian stating why this is has not be done.
- We only accept applications within 150 mile radius from our home location of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. We have limited our radius as we have been getting a large number of applicants throughout the United States. We will require face to face meets with our adoptable dogs and some of our dogs will require multiple meets. If you are not willing to drive to our home location for these meets please do not apply.
**PLEASE NOTE: Submitting an application does NOT guarantee an adoption. There is a 3 part process. This starts with an application review. If your application is approved, you will move on to step two which is a home check. At that point if you are approved the last and final step will be a meet and greet with the dog in question for adoption.
Non-Refundable Adoption Fees
11 months & under: $500
1 year – 6 years to : $450
6 years to 8 years: $350
Over 8 years: $250
**All our dogs come spayed/neutered, up to date on all age appropriate vaccinations, dewormed, heartworm tested, microchipped, and started on flea/tick and heartworm prevention.